Archive for EFSedan.com 1987 to 1991 Honda Civic Sedan Owners Club
 


       EFSedan.com Forum Index -> Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires
pleasedelete

15" steelies

My question is can i upgrade to 15 inch steelies?
Correct me if im wrong but stock the car has 165/70/13 tyres, with a stud pattern of 4x100, a center bore of 56.1, an offset of 45+ and 13x5".

So is there any honda running the same stuff with 15" steelies??

Can i just upgrade to 5.5" width with no problems, even 6".
And how important is the centre bore size? If it is bigger will it not work.

Thanks
~Sp33~

What's wrong with alloys?

I'm running a 195/60r14, something like +43 offset 4x100. They're a Mugen Honda wheel, and i think they're 6" wide.

Steelies are gay  Cool. Newer Civics had 14" steelies too. Accords, 'ludes etc all have a larger PCD.
pleasedelete

steelies are sooo not gay Mad  lol
naah i like the look of steelies. doesnt make it look ricey hahah Very Happy
so u think i will only have luck getting 14" steelies?
cleanRENO90

14's are relatively easy to come by. you can find them on eg coupes, ex's i think mostly. or integras that don't have alloys. Very Happy
pleasedelete

aaah k.
The reason i wanted 15's waqs to reduce the wheel well gap as cheap as possible.
If i got 14's i would probably want to lower it. which costs a bit too much. but i guess when i need new tyres i will pick up some 14's

anyways if people still know any information please post it up =)
JDQCIVIC4DR

U can get the oem 15 steelies with honda hub caps from the 2000 to 2004 civic ex some lx 4x100 ,, I wanted those for my ej with azenis sleeper but hard to find there's a goldish 89 sedan that sports it drive around northridge to van nuys.. looks clean
cleanRENO90

liljames wrote:
aaah k.
The reason i wanted 15's waqs to reduce the wheel well gap as cheap as possible.
If i got 14's i would probably want to lower it. which costs a bit too much. but i guess when i need new tyres i will pick up some 14's

anyways if people still know any information please post it up =)


you could always go el-cheapo with cut springs.
(not recommended) but you could easily the the stance you want.  Very Happy
pleasedelete

do u happen to know if everything matches up. like the center bore and offset and stud pattern
cleanRENO90

i think all civics from the dawn of time through to where they switched to 5 lug 1984-2005 are all 4x100 mm.

so they would work on the sedan.
pleasedelete

i read into cutting springs.
i dont think the potential risks are worth it...
~Sp33~

cleanRENO90 wrote:
14's are relatively easy to come by. you can find them on eg coupes, ex's i think mostly. or integras that don't have alloys. Very Happy


We don't get any of those. Our Integras all came with alloys as far as i'm aware too.

Your best bet for 14"s are the EK sedan.
cleanRENO90

there's your answer liljames.

once again, spee comes in and gives the correct advise.
pleasedelete

yeaah i think i have a secret crush on spee and his knowledge Shocked  haha.

plus hes from aus so he knows whats possible down here  Very Happy

im going to call a few wreckers and see if the 2001-2004 15" civic steelies exist over here. if not, either 14" and lowering or 15" alloys.
~Sp33~

liljames wrote:
yeaah i think i have a secret crush on spee and his knowledge Shocked  haha.


pleasedelete

when you look at me like that...it just pierces into my soul Confused
cleanRENO90

~Sp33~ wrote:
liljames wrote:
yeaah i think i have a secret crush on spee and his knowledge Shocked  haha.




... thats not creepy in the least bit.

haha. just kidding around.
Laughing
LsdailySedan

I'll post pics of my bros 15 in steelies with oem hubcaps on his ek coupe. they are clean and ya majority of civics/hondas that are 4 lug are all 4x100 and center bore and all that crap doesnt matter. correct me if im wrong but im rocking 98 HXs wheels on my 4 door and 90s Integra Fat 5s on my crx
cleanRENO90

LsdailySedan wrote:
I'll post pics of my bros 15 in steelies with oem hubcaps on his ek coupe. they are clean and ya majority of civics/hondas that are 4 lug are all 4x100 and center bore and all that crap doesnt matter. correct me if im wrong but im rocking 98 HXs wheels on my 4 door and 90s Integra Fat 5s on my crx


the only problem with hx rims, is if you have an ex, or an si, or a da, or an eg, you need spacers, or you have to clearance the rims.

but show us those 15's  Very Happy
LsdailySedan

cleanRENO90 wrote:
LsdailySedan wrote:
I'll post pics of my bros 15 in steelies with oem hubcaps on his ek coupe. they are clean and ya majority of civics/hondas that are 4 lug are all 4x100 and center bore and all that crap doesnt matter. correct me if im wrong but im rocking 98 HXs wheels on my 4 door and 90s Integra Fat 5s on my crx


the only problem with hx rims, is if you have an ex, or an si, or a da, or an eg, you need spacers, or you have to clearance the rims.

but show us those 15's  Very Happy


clearance the rims? what do you mean by this
~Sp33~

The EX and Si etc have larger brakes, so the high offset rims will hit the calipers. Putting in a spacer will low your offset and help the rim clear.
Proper282

When I bought my 91 Si it had those 15" steelies on it with the hub caps that looked similar to the 99-00 Si wheels. Might have kept them on there but I think 1 was missing and the tires were shot. So I threw on some del sol si wheels with fresh rubber

I'll try and dig up a pic of it with the steelies
Proper282

Here ya go


:::sigh::: should have never let that one go Sad
~Sp33~

Those are cool hubcaps.
91JdmEd3

The wheels on the hatch looks goood..
pleasedelete

yeaah man that is one sweet looking hatch

       EFSedan.com Forum Index -> Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum